As I thought about creating this burger, I knew that just regular ketchup, mayo, pickles would not be right for a topping. It needed something with some vegetable and some crunch. I wasn’t sure about mayonnaise, but I sampled a little of my burger sauce mixed into the mayo and I knew that it was going to work. I went with broccoli slaw with the mayo flavored with some of the beijing beef sauce ingredients. I loved this slider! The recipe is made for the BBQ Grill but you can also use the George Foreman Mini-Burger Slider Insert (which I have and love for rainy days!)
The burgers are moist, flavorful and 2 are a serving. Yes, just two. Restaurants over serve everything and when they give you 4 sliders as a serving, they are giving you way more than you need. I made due with just one burger and an ear of corn, some sugar free ice cream sandwiched between a large graham cracker (broke in half) and was happily satisfied!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy or maggi sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- Asian Broccoli Slaw:
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy or maggi sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons splenda (regular)
- ¼ teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- To make broccoli slaw: in 1 cup measure combine mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, splenda (or sugar) and black bean garlic sauce. Pour over broccoli slaw and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make burgers:
- Mix sauce mixture into ground beef until combined. Divide into 8 slider sized burgers (about ¼ cup of beef mixture).
- Grill burgers 3-4 minutes on each side over medium low heat.
- Serve with topped with Asian Broccoli Slaw.Note: I use Martin's Whole Wheat Potato Slider buns. They are the BEST!
BEIJING BEEF SLIDERS – PIN IT!