Weeknights just have to be easy for me. Sometimes I don’t have a clue what I’m doing for dinner until I actually get home from work. The night I made this was one of those nights in particular. My day was so busy that I didn’t have time to think about dinner until I was driving home. Fortunately I had some chicken cutlets thawed in the refrigerator, so I at least knew I would be doing something with chicken. I started to think about what I could do when I remembered I had some fat free half and half in the fridge too. Hence, quick and easy Chicken Alfredo became our dinner that evening!
I am submitting this post to this week’s Presto Pasta Nights. This week the host will be by the founder of Presto Pasta Nights, Ruth of Once Upon a Feast. You can join in by sending your submission to Ruth. You can find the guidelines on the PPN website. Ruth is also looking for some future hosts. Let her know if you would like to participate and host a week of PPN! If you love pasta as much as I do (and several others who participate) you don’t want to miss out!
- 1 lb Chicken Cutlets, diced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cup fat free half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and stir fry one minute. Add chicken pieces and cook until pieces are no longer pink. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Mix half and half and cornstarch together until combined. Add to chicken. Heat and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in cheese. Toss in drained pasta, garnish with parsley and serve.
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN ALFREDO – PIN IT!