A perfect fall breakfast. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Muffins II on allrecipes.com and adapted it to fit the Weight Watcher’s Points Plus Plan. You can eat two of these for breakfast, or one for a snack later in the day, and it doesn’t hurt your points bank!
I reduced the sugar, added more pumpkin, used egg whites instead of eggs, and added about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to give it a little “somthin-somethin”. Definitely a winner. They went to work and the container was empty before I had a chance to go and grab one. Fortunately I had wrapped up one at home for me to have later, or I wouldn’t have had a chance to try them!
Quick, easy and delicious. If you’re looking for a taste of pumpkin and don’t want to go the cake mix/pumpkin route then these muffins are the way to go!
- 2-1/3 cups Pumpkin puree, canned
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend flour through salt together and set aside.
- Combine Pumpkin through vegetable oil and blend together until well incorporated.Fold wet ingredients into dry until mixture is just combined.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips.
- Divide between 24 muffins cups lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.