On work nights, sometimes quick and easy is the only way to go. With our busy lives, we can be eating dinner as late as 7 pm so making a homemade meal can be very challenging during the week. In comes Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to the rescue.
All you need is some cooked shredded chicken, bbq sauce, frank’s red hot, colby cheese and crescent rolls. I had a couple of chicken breasts I had already cooked so I shredded 1 of them and that equaled about 1 cup. You could always use the ever convenient rotisserie chicken if you want to save yourself cooking the chicken ahead of time.
These worked out pretty well for me and would be a great item to feed guests at a party – kids and adults alike!
I have worked out the Weight Watcher’s Points Plus using their Recipe Builder and these are 4 WW Points per crescent. Enjoy!
- 1-8oz can Pillsbury Crescent Dough Roll (reduced fat)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 4 ounces reduced fat colby cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, whisked until foamy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Unwrap crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangle pieces. In a medium sized bowl combine chicken, bbq sauce, hot sauce, and colby cheese. Divide chicken mixture evenly over top of dough. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of cheese. Starting at wide end of triangle, roll up loosely as directed on can. Brush with egg and sprinkle on remaining cheese.Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.