What is more fun that a cookie swap? How about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap? This is the second year I have participated and this year was just as fun as last!
This year I decided to make the White Chocolate Orange cookies. Then I decided to make it even more festive and add dried cranberries to the mix.
To me, these flavors (and colors) just scream the season and I thought these would be the perfect cookie to send as a holiday treat to my fellow bloggers!
This year, my matches that I sent these yummy cookies out to were:
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.