A few months ago the Allrecipes.com AllStar group were sent some new sauces from Herdez to create some recipes for them. This is one of the recipes I created and ended up being the one that Grumpy loved the best. When I asked him what he thought his exact words were”see the sauce on my lips? That ought to tell you if I liked it. The more sauce the better!”. Looks like these Sweet Chili Lime Chipotle Chicken Wings were a hit after all!
I baked the wings at a high temperature until they were well browned and crispy. If you use fresh wings (not frozen) you will have much better luck getting the skin to be crispy.
I will be honest here and say I was truly shocked that Grumpy loved these wings. I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to make much with the sauces I received because he is not a fan of Mexican flavors. I guess we can have our sauce and eat it too with this recipe!
- 1 jar (12 oz) Herdez Traditional Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 3 heaping tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lime juiced and strained
- fresh cilantro, chopped (to garnish) - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place frozen wings on large cookie sheet that has been sprayed liberally with cooking spray.
- Season wings with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 35 minutes or until wings start to brown, turning once halfway through.
- While wings are baking, mix 1 jar of Herdez Traditional Chipotle Mexican Cooking sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Remove wings from oven, place in large bowl and coat with about 4 tablespoons sauce. Return wings to pan and broil 3-4 minutes until they start to look crispy.
- Remove wings from oven and toss with more sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serves 4 people.
- You may have some sauce left over. This is great to dip fries in too!