The Blog I have been stalking this month for my Secret Recipe Club assignment was Cupcake Muffin, written by Sara. Sara has been blogging for just a couple months longer than I have been. She has a massive amount of recipes to choose from on her blog and it was not a very easy decision. Considering I have been watching my food intake and trying to reduce my weight some, I started by looking at all her salad and vegetable dishes. However, by the time I actually had time to make something it was Saturday morning, the weekend of our due date for posting. I happened to look at her baked goodies. The Chocolate Beet cake was very tempting, but when I read about how involved it was I decided that had to wait for another day when I was prepared to spend a lot more time in the kitchen than I wanted to that day. Then I saw the Mini Chocolate Doughnuts. And I started to think. Think about how I could make these and make them Weight Watcher friendly and have them fit into a fall theme.
Oh, and even GRUMPY loved them! Now that says a lot. ;)
Baked Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
1 WW Point Plus
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- chocolate topping:
- 6 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons International Delight Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the wells of a 12-doughnut mini doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until ingredients are combined.
- Scoop the batter into a large ziploc bag. Cut a hole at a corner of the bag to pipe the batter out into the doughnut ring. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Remove doughnuts from oven and after about cool slightly before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Make the topping. Combine the chocolate chips and creamer in a small saucepan and heat in 30 second intervals in microwave until melted. Stirring every 30 seconds (this should only take 1 minute). Dip doughnuts into glaze, decorate with sprinkles and enjoy!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 18 mins.
Tags: baking, Brand Recipe, chocolate, Doughnuts, Pumpkin, secret recipe club, SPLENDA®, Sugar Free, WW Points Make sure to check out these other blog posts from Secret Recipe Club members!