I am here to share with you today a recipe I created for Allrecipes.com and Ritz Crackers. As an Allrecipes.com Allstar, I was chosen with a group of 7 others to create a recipe for game day that involved Ritz Crackers that was inspired by NYC – where the big game will be held. When we were asked to create a recipe inspired by New York City I immediately thought of a couple different foods, one being a cheesecake inspired by Juniors NY Crumb Cheesecake. I wanted to put a little twist on my cheesecake to involve flavors I really love and I came up with the Ritz NY Style Mini Crumb Cheesecake.
This cheesecake is the perfect bite sized sweet to share with your fellow game day lovers. The crust is made of a Ritz cracker spread with some cold hot fudge sauce. You cover this with a NY Style Cheesecake Filling and top it off with a topping made with Ritz Peanut Butter mini’s and drizzled with some Peanut Butter Caramel Fudge Drizzle. My mouth is just watering describing this to you!
I was born and raised a Northern New York Country girl. I also was fortunate enough to have parents who felt it was necessary to do things with their children – such as camping often on the weekends and vacationing to educational places. My parent’s took us a lot of places when we were young. However, one place we never went was New York City. Maybe because we were just everyday country folk who thought city business was way too much for us and be overwhelmed. However, just a couple of years ago, we took a family vacation again and this time we went to New York City! Grumpy and I are now living only a little more than 2 hours from the city and my brother Steve and his family wanted to visit the city, so we made a family day trip of it. My cousin Ryan lives and works in NYC so his mom went with us and Ryan was our personal tour guide for the day.
At that time, Ryan lived right where he had the most perfect view of the Statue of Liberty. This photo was taken from the deck of his apartment. Unfortunately I only have the above photo handy because most my pics are on my old laptop which is not yet unpacked! So, this camera pic is really the only photo I have to show you other than this one of myself and Marc Forgione.
I went back to the city after that family visit to an event in NYC and was fortunate enough to eat at Marc Forgione’s namesake restaurant. He created a meal based on childhood memories and each course was explained by him prior to us eating it. That was quite the experience for me and the food was absolutely out of this world.
I was very excited to be a part of this particular promotion and am super happy with the recipe I created. I have also tried several of the recipes that the other participant created – and haven’t been disappointed by any of them! I still have a few more to go and one is actually going to happen today since I am home all day.
Which one of the awesome creations below do you want to try this year? I hope all of them!
By Doug of Behind the Shades: RITZ Steakhouse Bites
By Renee of Renee’s Kitchen Adventures: Cuban Minis
By Lillian of My Recipe Journey: RITZ Push-Cart Hot Dog Bites
By Marion of Life Taste Good: Spicy Asian WIngs
By Michele of Flavor Mosaic: Fried Ravioli
By Melissa of The 7Up Experience: RITZ Hazelnut Gelato Sandwich
- 24 Ritz cracker rounds
- ½ cup hot chocolate fudge topping (cold)
- 2-8 oz package ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup Ritz peanut butter cracker bites, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Spread 1 teaspoon cold hot fudge sauce over top of cracker. Place cracker in paper lined muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add egg yolk and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and butter and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into paper lined muffin tin over top of fudge topped cracker until about ¾ full. Approximately ⅓ cup of batter per muffin tin.
- To make the crumb topping, combine the crushed Ritz Peanut Butter Cracker Bites, flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until mixture has a “wet” look. Set aside.
- Place cheesecakes in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes and evenly distribute crumb topping over each individual cake.Return cheesecakes to oven and continue to bake for another 25 minutes. Crumb topping will be browned and a toothpick inserted into cheesecake will come out dry.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, transfer to storage container and place in refrigerator and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Before serving, place ½ cup smooth peanut butter and ½ cup caramel sauce in microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Microwave another 30 seconds. Mixture will be very bubbly. Carefully remove dish from microwave and stir. Drizzle peanut butter caramel sauce over top of cheesecakes.
- Leftover cheesecakes should be stored in the refrigerator.