I have teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you a simple, yet delicious Gourmet Valentine’s Dinner. We have prepared an easy-to-make four course meal so you can enjoy an evening at home without a lot of work!
I prepared the entree part of our meal. When thinking about what I would want for a romantic meal that was easy to put together yet on the gourmet side, I immediately thought of a pasta with a creamy wine sauce. I could have used any type of pasta and this would have been a delicious meal, but I had to use Linguine! I always think of romance when I think of pasta and it is all because of Lady & the Tramp. I’ve mentioned this before a long time ago! I love the kissing scene between Lady and Tramp when they hit the plate of pasta at Tony’s Restaurant because they each had one end of a pasta noodle and met in the middle is my favorite part of that movie!This Creamy Chicken Linguine takes a total of 40 minutes to prepare and cook. Less time in the kitchen means more romance later, right? I paired this up with a nice dry white wine from Coyote Moon Vineyards – appropriately named Naked Chardonnay. 😉 So without further ado, lets get the romance on!
- You can soften your cream cheese in your microwave if you forget to take it out ahead of time, just use the soften cycle or run it on medium power for 30 seconds or longer if needed, but I would check every 5 seconds if you went longer than 30.
- If your pasta finishes before your sauce is ready, just drain and add a little olive oil and stir. This will prevent your pasta from drying out and sticking together.
- When cooking with wine, I like to use what I am drinking to cook with.
- 1-8 oz. package pre-sliced, pre-washed mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup fat free Italian dressing (I used Wishbone)
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used Coyote Moon Vineyard Naked Chardonnay)
- 1-10.7 ounce can Cream of Mushroom Soup (I used Campbells)
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- 8 chicken tenders, uncooked
- 1 lb linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Saute mushrooms in butter until softened, chopping them some with the spoon if there are larger pieces. In large mixing bowl, combine Italian dressing, dry white wine, and cream of mushroom soup until well incorporated. Add to mushroom mixture and bring to a slow simmer. Add softened cream cheese and whisk into hot sauce until completely incorporated.Add chicken tenders and simmer for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare linguine according to package directions. Drain.
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives if desired.