I also found out that Meghan has an obsession with Chex Mix. I am amazed at the many different ways she has mixed that particular one up! I have those pinned so I have them to go back to when we are going to need something for a party or to give for gifts!
Pistachio Pudding Poke Cake
By Shelby Law Ruttan
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, chilled so it is not liquid
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (4 serving size) Sugar-Free Pistachio Pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1-8 ounce container Sugar-Free Cool Whip
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Level with a knife. Combine flour, potato starch, salt, and baking powder. Stir with a whisk.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the Splenda Sugar Blend and Coconut Oil, beating with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Mixture will be like damp sand.
- Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add coconut extract to almond milk.
- Add flour mixture and milk/extract mixture alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 18-23 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes in cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. I poked the holes about 1 inch apart all around the cake.
- Make pudding mix per the package directions. When thickened but still pourable, pour the pudding mix over top of the cake, spreading it out to fill up the holes. Let sit in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prior to serving, remove cake from refrigerator and spread with cool whip. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 23 mins.
Total time: 38 mins.
Tags: Splenda Recipe, low sugar, sugar free, low carb, pudding, cake, dessert