Right now, I am only allowing myself to have a limited serving of carbs and the only actual pasta/bready type carb I am allowing with my dinner. Tonight, this was my carb and it was pretty darn delicious if I do say so myself. :)
allrecipes.com with a pretty darn good rating! (4 stars).
If you don't like seafood, you could always substitute chicken for the shrimp. Also, feel free to change the veggies up to your own tastes. I use mushrooms, onions, zucchini and yellow summer squash for the most part.
Other spring-y pasta dishes you may enjoy:
Lemon Cheese Sauce over Cheese Ravioli with Shrimp and Arugula - The McCallum's Shamrock Patch
Lemon Chicken Pasta - Framed Cooks
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta - Oh She Glows
Shrimp with Squash and Penne
- 1/2 pound dried pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (uncooked)
- goya seasoning
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, warm 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and season with Goya (or you can use salt if you prefer) to taste. Cook until shrimp is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and add mushrooms, onions, squashes and garlic. Saute until liquid is absorbed and squash and mushrooms are tender and slightly browned.
- Stir in lemon juice, basil, and oregano. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Add shrimp and pasta. Toss until coated with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and stir to combine.
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook time: 00:15
Tags: Shrimp, seafood, pasta, cooking light, allrecipes