I received product from allrecipes.com and Mazola to try the product and make/rate/review the recipe on allrecipes.com. I was not compensated in any other way and was not required to blog about my experience. All thoughts and opinions stated in this post are my own.
By adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® cooking oil
- 1 large scallion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Adobo seasoning
- 2 tomatillos, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Avocado slices
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Season cubed chicken with Adobo seasoning. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken, onions, garlic powder, chili powder, chipotle chili powder and cumin. Saute 3-5 minutes to brown the meat.
- Add enough water to barely cover chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer an additional 15 -20 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Combine chopped tomatillos, tomatoes, cilantro and juice of 1/2 lime in small bowl.
- Place equal amounts of chicken on each tortilla. Top with salsa and avocado if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 45 mins.
Total time: 65 mins.
Tags: Mexican, Chicken, Tortilla, Chili, Salsa, Sauces, Lime, Chipotle