Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
By Shelby Law Ruttan
- 1-1/2 pound Frieda’s Star Spangled Spuds
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes according to package directions. Cool completely before dicing.
- Toss vinegar with cooled, diced potatoes. Add peppers, onion and 5 slices of the crisp cooked bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream and fresh dill. Add to potato vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Top with grape tomatoes and the remaining bacon. Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: bacon, dill, Frieda’s Specialty Produce, Holiday Food, Jalapeno, July 4th, Memorial Day, potatoes, Salad