A patriotic salad made with Red, White & Blue Potatoes and amazing flavor from dill and bacon in a mayonnaise based dressing. This Red, White & Blue Potato Salad will be the first empty dish at your summer picnics and family gatherings!
Its that time of year again when potato salads are going to become a popular item on the picnic table. With Memorial Day being only a few weeks away and July 4th just around the corner, I thought I would share with you this delicious potato salad made with Frieda’s Star Spangled Spuds!
Grumpy loves to have potato salad in the summer, it’s a yummy and easy side to have. Normally it will take a couple of days for us to finish up a recipe of potato salad, but not so with this one. Grumpy loved it so much that it was the only item on our dinner plate on Sunday! My meat and potato man was satisfied with this as our main, shocker!
I thought the colors in the salad were beautiful. I really loved the “blue” potato. So pretty. Fresh dill, a little jalapeno, and crispy cooked thick cut bacon made this salad even more special!
Your salad can be the talk of the party because it will not only be patriotic but super TASTY!
Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
Author: Grumpy's Honeybunch
Serves: 6 servings
- 1-1/2 pound Red, White, & Blue Potatoes
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup finely diced red pepper
- ⅓ cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes according to package directions. Cool completely before dicing.
- Toss vinegar with cooled, diced potatoes. Add peppers, onion and 5 slices of the crisp cooked bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream and fresh dill. Add to potato vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Top with grape tomatoes and the remaining bacon. Refrigerate until serving.