I received free product from Frieda's Specialty Produce that was used in the creation of this recipe.
All opinions in this post are mine.
I have become much better at using the grill lately so I wasn't quite so afraid to make this recipe. I decided to go to the grill guru and I went searching and found a recipe on Food Network from Bobby Flay. It had sweet chili sauce in it so I knew that was the recipe I was going to use as a guide! I love that sweet heat and the flavor combination sounded exactly like what I was looking for. I had never cooked with baby bok choi before other than to use it in a stir fry so I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it cooking it. Then I found out from the food network post that you steam the bok choy in the microwave before grilling. How easy is that?
Bobby Flay's instructions were perfect to a T and now I cannot wait to have baby bok choi again because this is the way we will always eat it from this point on! Even Grumpy loved this recipe and has agreed that it was the best way that I could have used the vegetable!
Spicy Grilled Baby Bok ChoyPublished 06/16/2014
I slightly adapted the recipe by reducing the amount of sesame oil as sometimes the flavor is too overpowering for me. The original recipe called for 1 teaspoon.
- 1 lb baby bok choy
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Wash and halve baby bok choy lengthwise. Place in a covered microwave safe bowl and microwave 3 minutes.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Remove baby bok choy from microwave and toss with sauce.
- Grill until the bok choy is charred, about 1-2 minutes. Marinate with more sauce as grilling if desired.
Total time: 7 mins.
Tags: grilling, vegetable, baby bok choi, sweet chili