Farro, Cherry and Walnut Salad
By slightly adapted from Cooking Light
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 3/4 pound sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook Farro according to package. Drain and cool.
- Combine Farro, Cherries, Walnuts, Celery, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a 1 cup glass measuring cup, combine, lime juice, mustard, agave, pepper, olive oil, and salt. Toss with farro/cherry mixture.
- Refridgerate until serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: cherries, Cooking Light, Farro, Salad, summertime fun, Virtual Supper Club, Walnut, Maille® Mustard