This recipe is the perfect one for your end of summer bash barbeque. Imagine your friends drooling over the elegant appetizer you brought to their party! You can basically prep these ahead of time and place under the broiler just before serving time to finish the recipe off.
Jerry, A Life Lived – Soup/Salad – Farro Salad with Cherry Tomato, Onion, and Almonds
Susan, The Spice Garden – Beverage/Appetizer- Paradise Cocktails and Seared Scallop Amuse Bouche
Clams Casino with Pancetta
slightly adapted from Cooking Light
- 3/4 cup finely diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 slice day old country white bread
- 1-1/2 tablespoon grated fresh parmigiana cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 36 littleneck clams, cleaned
- Lemon Wedges
- Over medium heat in medium sized skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pancetta until beings to brown, about 6 minutes. Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add bell pepper, shallots, and garlic and cook until tender. Set aside in a medium bowl.
- Process bread in food processor until crumbs are course, should measure about 3/4 cup. Add breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and black pepper to pancetta mixture. Stir until blended.
- Pre-heat boiler.
- Clean and shuck clams. Discard any with open shells. Top each clam with about 1 rounded teaspoon pancetta mixture. Broil 4 minutes, turn pan and broile additional 3 minutes or until tops are browned and clams are done. Serve with lemon wedges.
Yield: 36 clams (12 servings, 3 clams each for appetizer)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Total time: 27 mins.
- Calories: 61
- Fat: 2.9
- Totalcarbs: 3.2
- Protein: 5.3
Tags: clams, appetizer, party food, cooking light, seafood, bacon, pancetta, summertime fun, Virtual Supper Club