We definitely found a keeper for a smoothie fix. It isn’t often I can get Grumpy to share a smoothie with me so I usually have to adapt the recipes for just one person. From now on, if I’m feeling like a smoothie I can pretty much bet Grumpy would be willing to have one with me. While it’s not the sweet adult drink we had on our cruise, it is definitely a tasty healthy version that can be a good substitue when the craving hits!
Pina Colada Smoothie
By slightly adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 4 packets of splenda (or substitute 2 tablespoons agave syrup)
- 1 cup ice
- Blend yogurt, coconut milk, coconut flakes and pineapple pieces in blender until smooth and creamy. Add Splenda and ice. Blend until icy. Serve with garnish of pineapple and marachino cherry
Yield: 2 beverages
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: smoothie, greek yogurt, pineapple, coconut, breakfast, snack, beverage, sugar free, healthy eating