This week for #SundaySupper it’s all about unprocessed foods. The definition of “unprocessed” can be intrepreted differently by many people. To me it is homemade food made with whole ingredients that have not been through a process of preservatives. My Moms Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs fit this bill quite nicely for me.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup pecan meal
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 black garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon gravy master
- 2 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk together eggs, pecan meal and cheese. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until onion softens and garlic starts to dissolve. Stir in 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter. Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Stir onion mixture into egg mixture until combined. Then stir in bread crumbs or crackers. The mixture should be thick enough to scoop with a small cookie scoop. Scoop onto a foil lined cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray tops of meatballs with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn meatballs over and bake another 10-15 minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Alluring Appetizers and Stunning Sides
- Brioche Dinner Rolls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Peppadew Peppers by An Appealing Plan
- Homemade Fennel-Maple Mustard by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Potato Noodles & Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Whole Grain, No-Knead Sourdough Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Sweet Potato Fries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Indian Spiced Dal and Sag Aloo by Happy Baking Days
- Homemade Energy Bars by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Thyme Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Hash by Fit Foodie Runs
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes by Magnolia Days
- Autumn Panzanella by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Curried Apple Chips by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Rhubarb and Honey
- Homemade Hash Brown by Basic N Delicious
- Raw Salted Chocolate Chip Oat Healthy Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Basic Roasted Cauliflower by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Beet Chips by The Dinner-Mom
- Crispy Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Authentic Chicken Tinga by Shockingly Delicious
- Jacket Potato Party by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mom’s Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken and Sweet Potato by MealDiva
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken Stir Fry by Nosh My Way
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Burgers with Garlicky Arugula by Cooking Chat
- Baked Zucchini with Spicy Tomatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Fall Squash Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- White Bean Pesto Stew by eating in instead
- Seared Pork Stack by annaDishes
- Gnocchi with Peas and Pesto by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin & Sausage Pasta by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes by NinjaBaking.com
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.