Pieces of Venison served in a Bourbon Butter Sauce that just melt in your mouth! That is what these Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips are! Melt in your mouth delicious. Not to mention that the Bourbon knocks your socks off with the flavor it imparts!
- 1-1/2 pounds venison steaks, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Pat steak pieces dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add steak and cook until well bround all over, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to platter and tent loosely with foil.
- Remove skillet from heat and add bourbon, maple syrup and cider vinegar. Return to heat and cook until slightly thickened, approximately 3 minutes. Be sure to scrape any browned bits up while sauce is cooking. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and chili pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return venison and any accumulated juickes to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Spread it on Thick
- Homemade Mascarpone from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sugar Plum Fairy Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Porcini Compound Butter from Nosh My Way
Nibbles and Sides
- Baked Rice with Mushrooms from Basic N Delicious
- Brie Blackberry Bites from Family Foodie
- Foie Gras Bites from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Miso Risotto from Crazy Foodie Stunts
The Main Event
- Bourbon Butter Venison Bites from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Fennel Frond Pappardelle with Rabbit, Muscat, and Cream from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Korean-style Tripe from kimchi MOM
- Lapin au Cidre – Cider Braised Rabbit from Food Lust People Love
- Maple Bison Blueberry Burgers from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rabbit Braised with Kalamata Olives and Prunes from The Texan New Yorker
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet from Nik Snacks
- Wild Venison Sausage Gravy from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Turkey, Wild Rice and Mushroom Casserole from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Wild Boar Pacific Rim Sliders from Peaceful Cooking
- Blueberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce from From the Bookshelf
- German Fruit and Nut Bars from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bananas/Toast Topped with Chocolate and Cheese from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow from Pies and Plots
- Ultimate Chewy Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Vanilla Poached Tamarillos from Manu’s Menu
- Wild Blackberry Scones with Lemon Glaze from The Foodie Army Wife
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Topped Waffles from NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Pin it – Bourbon Butter Venison Steak Tips