Its no secret. I love incorporating booze into my food. I love the flavor it brings to your recipes and this Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake is no exception! The homemade cranberry sauce boosted with Amaretto Liquor swirled into this almond flavored creamy baked cheesecake is absolutely to die for!
I have always been a huge fan of almond flavor. As an adult, that love of almond flavor carried over into my love for Amaretto. When I saw Claudia over at What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine (one of my long time blogging friends and fellow (former) NY’er) had a recipe for Cranberry Sauce that had Amaretto in it, I knew I was making it for our Thanksgiving dinner! I used the leftovers from this recipe to incorporate in my cheesecake!
Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake
- 1 package graham crackers (12 sheets in 1 package)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Amaretto Cranberry Sauce (follow link for recipe)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap the outside bottom of 9″ spring form pan with heavy duty foil.
- Place crackers in food processor and proccess until fine crumbs are formed. Add cocoa powder and pulse a few times to combine. Slowly add melted butter while processor is running on low and process until combined. Press mixture into bottom of spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place cranberry sauce and water in food processor. Process until smooth. If mixture is still too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is thin enough to swirl into cheesecake.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Mix at medium speed until smooth. Add in yogurt, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over prepared crust. Using a large tablespoon, spoon cranberry sauce over the filling. With a table knife, drag through cranberry sauce to swirl into cheesecake batter.
- Place spring form pan into deep baking pan and add hot watter to baking pan to a depth of 3 inches. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until center of cheesecake barely moves when pan is touched.
- Turn oven off and cool cheesecake in oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven, run knife around outside edge. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 30 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 30 mins.
Tags: amaretto, cheese, cheesecake, chocolate, cranberry, dessert, holiday desserts
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Caramel Irish Coffee by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cranberry Mentas by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Loaded Creamy Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegarante Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegrante Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
- Winter Spice Sangria by An Appealing Plan
Savory Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew, with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Spiced Pears by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
Sweet Libational Desserts
- Amaretto Biscotti w/Amaretto Caramel Dipping Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cheesecake with Caramel Amaretto Sauce and Toasted Pecans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Egg Nog Cheese Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Honey and Apple Cider Cornbread by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisù al Limoncello by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.