If your looking for a different cookie but still a festive cookie for the holidays, then you have to look no further! These Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprints are not only pretty and festive, but they are delicious and everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
PIN IT! RED VELVET THUMBPRINT COOKIES!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Pieces
- White Dipping Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, using hand mixer on medium speed, mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, food coloring, and extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1-1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually mix flour mixture into butter mixture until combined.
- Shape cookies into 1" sized balls. Press indentation with thumb in center of ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and press back of teaspoon into center of cookie to form a more prominent thumbprint. Place 1 teaspoon Andes mint candy pieces in center of cookie. Return to oven and bake another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt white dipping chocolate in microwave according to directions. Drizzle over top of cookies. Let chocolate harden prior to storing.
1 cookie = 1 serving
138 cal, 9g fat
Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138