This month the Virtual Supper Club is taking a trip to the Oscars. I chose to represent one of my favorite movies of all time, The Help. While I would have loved to made,eaten, and shared with you an amazing recipe for Fried Chicken or a Chocolate Pie, alas, I had to go with something that would not kill my diet. These Pimento Cheese Tea Sandwiches were just the right bite and a southern favorite for sure!
Jerry of A Life, Lived chose the movie “Into the Woods” with our soup course of North Woods Bean Soup.Sarah of All Our Fingers in the Pie brought us Pigonau Fermier aux Epices Douces based on the French cuisine of the movie “The One Hundred Foot Journey.”
- 1 tablespoon bottled diced pimentos, drained
- ½ tablespoon grated peeled shallots
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese
- ¾ ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- Mix pimentos thru parmesan cheese together until well combined. Spread 3 tablespoon on 1 slice of bread, cover with 2nd slice. Repeat with other two slices.
- Cut crusts from sandwiches then cut sandwiches into triangles