This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyIsBack #CollectiveBias
A brownie/oatmeal base, smothered in chocolate cookie butter and topped with a cookie butter creme, decorated prettily with M&M’s® Crispy! These Cookie Butter Crispy Creme Bars are a mouthful of comfort with the chewy base and creamy fudge like cookie butter cream combination and the M&M’s® Crispy give them that crunch factor!
|I found my M&M’s® Crispy in a big display in the candy aisle at my local Walmart|
Cookie Butter Crispy Creme Bars
- Cookie Base
- 1-1/2 cup whole oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate swirled cookie butter plus 1/3 cup for spreading on baked dough
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Creme Base
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup regular cookie butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (or more if “someone” hasn’t eaten them on you!) M&M’s® Crispy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and toffee bits. Set aside
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix together the butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mixed until well combined.
- Press the cookie base into the bottom of your 9×13 pan covering the entire bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread with 1/3 cup of chocolate cookie butter. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Make the creme base by mixing together the butter, cookie butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until well combined and creamy. Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture mixing well until thoroughly combined. Spread creme base over top of cookie base.
- Decorate with M&M’s® Crispy and drizzle with melted cookie butter (about 2 tablespoons can be melted in the microwave up to 1-1/2 minutes).
- Cut bars into small squares and serve. Store in airtight container.