Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze – A buttery pound cake filled with fresh cherries, baked to a dense perfection and drizzled with a lime glaze. Amazing flavor and perfectly portable! Today’s #SundaySupper is all about “Food that Travels” and we are sharing with you all the amazing and delicious recipes that you could take on your next picnic or potluck!
Thank you to Marion over at Life Tastes Good for hosting today’s SundaySupper Event!
Deciding what to take to a picnic or potluck can be tricky sometimes. Whether you are taking a hot or cold dish there are challenges to getting it to your destination. Problems like how to keep it warm or how to warm it up once you arrive. If you are using a cooler to keep food cold, you have to make sure it doesn’t accidentally get waterlogged if ice melts.
This Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze however is very easy to carry with you and it doesn’t have to be warm or cold! I have been known to cut it in slices and carry it in some Tupperware to keep it fresh and serve it right from the Tupperware container.
What are some of your favorite recipes to take on picnics or potlucks? Are you a casserole or salad person? Entree or dessert? I have always been a dessert person even though it is not something I eat much of. I love to bake and share it with everyone! Be sure to share in the comments section what your favorite recipes for food that travels are and before you leave be sure to check out all the recipes from other Sunday Supper Food Traveler’s this week listed after the recipe!
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pitted fresh cherries
- 1-1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9X12 loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of lime zest with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well until combined. Stir in Greek yogurt and cherries. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on cooling racks.
- In a small bowl mix together the confectioner’s sugar, lime juice and 1
tablespoon lime zest. Drizzle onto cakes prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 139mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g