A pomegranate cranberry relish topping a brie cheese laden bruschetta bread that has been toasted with black pepper. This Holiday Bruschetta is an appetizer that your guest will love for that holiday gathering!
I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again. Appetizers are my favorite way of eating. I love that you get small bites and can try more than one item before your dead full.
For this recipe I made my own bruschetta toast. Basically because I wanted to flavor it with some freshly ground pepper. Even making my own toast, this recipe didn’t take that long to make at all.
Just 4 minutes on each side for the toast. Then another 2-3 minutes in the oven with the brie cheese….and your ready! I like to buy the slicing brie logs for this type of recipe. They are much easier to use size and shape wise.
When the brie toasts come out of the oven, just top with the pomegrante-cranberry relish, sprinkle with a little more basil, arrange prettily on the platter and watch them disappear! They will disappear quickly, they are so delicious!
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup fresh chopped cranberries
- 2 packets sugar substitute sweetener
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit or orange zest
- 6 oz baguette-style french bread, cut into thin slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounce log brie cheese, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- In a small bowl combine pomegranate seeds through citrus zest. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place sliced bread on baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Spray top of sliced bread with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with black pepper. Bake in 350 degree oven for 4 minutes. Turn slices over and bake another 4 minutes.
- Remove bread slices from oven and top with each bread slice with 1 slice brie cheese. Return to oven and let bake 2 minutes.
- Remove brie toasts from oven and arrange on serving platter. Top with relish. Serve.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.