Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges – small potatoes, cut into wedges and wrapped in smoky delicious bacon! Serve up with a low-fat blue cheese sauce and you have a perfect game day appetizer.
This week our Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing with you Big Game Day Recipes and a big thank you goes out to T.R. Crumbley for hosting this event!
When I think game day, I think appetizers. They are the easiest to eat while mingling with your friends and to fill your plate with while watching the game. That is why I decided to go with an appetizer and what better than bacon wrapped anything?! These Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges bring the best of potato and bacon to your table.
I happened to be shopping at Trader Joe’s last week when I saw a bag of potatoes – red skin, gold, and purple. We don’t put potatoes on the table on a daily basis in our house because of Grumpy’s diabetes, but we do eat them. Just in a controlled manner. When I saw these I knew I was going to have to buy them and I knew exactly what I was going to do with them!
I was going to wrap them in bacon! I have made bacon wrapped shrimp, jalapenos, and water chestnuts before, but never potatoes. With the big game heading our way, I thought these would be a great recipe to try out and share with you so you can plan to serve these to your guest on game day!
I was a little concerned that the bacon would roll up and off the potatoes, but I was wrong! These baked up in about 30 minutes, were very simple to make and were super delicious with my low fat blue cheese dressing to dip them in. If your looking for something different but delicious to share with your friends and family while watching the big game next month, then make sure to make these! They will love you for it, I promise 🙂
- 4 smaller-sized potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- [url href=”http://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/2016/01/cheesesteak-sandwich.html” target=”_blank”]Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce[/url]
- Place a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.