Fresh from Florida Strawberries are the shining star in this perfect for Valentine’s breakfast of Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal! Not only is this a beautiful presentation to serve your loved ones on Valentine’s day, but it is healthy and nutritious too!
This post is sponsored by the Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Beautiful sweet, red Florida Strawberries are synchronous with Valentine’s Day. This little heart shaped beauty is pretty versatile and can be found in so many different types of dishes from sweet to savory! I decided today that I would share with you Grumpy’s favorite oatmeal breakfast made special by making Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal.
I can hear you now saying “Grumpy’s favorite breakfast?” Yes. Oatmeal is Grumpy’s favorite meal as of late. I started serving whole oats to Grumpy at the beginning of this year when we decided that we had to change our diet and get his health on the right track. Grumpy, who has never been much of a breakfast kinda guy, has told me that he actually looks forward to his oatmeal every morning!
Weekdays are pretty simple. I set everything up for Grumpy and if I’m home, I make his oatmeal, if I am at the gym, he makes his own. This year, for Valentine’s Day, I decided to do something special for our weekend brunch and make this Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal. Grumpy and I love strawberries. Especially when you can get fresh in season strawberries! The great thing about strawberries is you can feel like you’re having an indulgent treat when eating them when you’re really not!
Watch my video below to see just how easy this recipe is to make!
Give your valentine the best with strawberries and have a Healthy and Nutritious Valentine’s Day! This is a vitamin c packed breakfast your entire family is sure to love!
- 1 lb. fresh Florida Strawberries, sliced and divided
- 3 cups whole oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups almond milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pure Maple Syrup for topping (optional)
- Almond Milk for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-in cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. Place half of the strawberries in prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, sitr together oats, brown sugar blend, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In medium bowl whisk together milk, lemon zest, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over oats. Top with remaining strawberries.
- Bake until center is set, about 40 minutes. Top with maple syrup and/or almond milk if desired.
Be sure to follow Florida Strawberries and Strawberry Sue on their social media channels for great recipes and ideas!
- Sparkling Strawberry Sangria from Family Foodie
- Strawberry-Basil Spritzer from Eat Picks
- Strawberry and Cream Smoothie from Flour On My Face
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from Love and Confections
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake from Ruffles & Truffles
- Skillet Baked Strawberry Oatmeal from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Banana Hazelnut Crepes from The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Coffee Cake with Greek Yogurt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweetheart Strawberry Scones from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Basil, Brie and Strawberry Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chef Salad with Strawberry Croutons from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herbed Strawberry Salad from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Waldorf Salad from Food Done Light
- Balsamic Strawberry Walnut Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil from Soni’s Food
- Mahi Mahi with Strawberry Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Mole Chicken from Curious Cuisiniere
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Flourless Almond Cake with Strawberries and Coconut Cream from Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Cannoli from Palatable Pastime
- Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
Plus: Nutritious Fresh Strawberry Recipes plus Strawberry Almond Milk from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.