This week I am serving up a nice big slice of Spaghetti Pie for Sunday Supper! Grab a plate, and help yourself to comfort food that is not bad for you!
Easy, delicious, and better for you? Is it possible with pie and pasta? Well, it is possible with this easy Spaghetti Pie recipe that I have been making for several years now!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are bringing you all things Pie! Thanks to Erica over at The Crumby Cupcake for hosting this week’s event!
I remember when I first made this dish for Grumpy and it was a dish he absolutely fell in love with. I would make it quite regularly and then like a lot of things made of carbohydrates, it kind of just slid into a once in awhile meal. I’m almost afraid to say this, but I probably only make this recipe two to three times a year!
This recipe is as easy as cooking up some pasta and placing it in the bottom of your casserole or pie dish. Topped with a sour cream, cream cheese and scallion cream, then a tomato sauce and beef topping.
Lastly, place a layer of mozzarella cheese on top and it’s ready to bake!
You will bake until the cheese is all melty and starting to slightly brown around the edges and on top. This pie is best served after it has cooled at least 15 minutes to keep its shape when serving. No worries, it will not be stone cold by the time you eat it!
I love to serve this with oven roasted zucchini and my cheesy garlic bread, another one of Grumpy’s favorites! What would you serve with this pie?
- ½ pound ground round
- ½ small onion, diced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce with garlic
- ¾ cups low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 ounce ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 4 ounces shredded 2% Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and it begins to look translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Crumble and cook ground beef until browned. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomato sauce. Bring to a low boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, green onions, and cream cheese in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place the spaghetti noodles in a 1-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over spaghetti noodles. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Don’t forget to check out the amazing pies made by other Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement