Baby Burgers aka Sliders made Greek Style with spinach, roasted red peppers, parsley and oregano all topped with a garlicky aioli and served on a whole wheat roll. Greek Sliders with Feta Aioli are not only delicious but they may make you feel like getting married all over again, or at least think about it!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating the recent release of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and we are sharing awesome recipes with you that maybe you would find at the wedding reception if not on their tables at home. Thank you to Nichole over at Casa de Crews for hosting this event this week!
I have a few great tips in my post today on how to make the perfect sized slider and a little tip on how to convert your regular dinner roll into a slider bun. There will also be links at the end of this post with many other Greek recipes for you to try so be sure to read on!
If you found out that your marriage was not legal, would you do it all over again? No matter how mad Grumpy may make me or how frustrated I can be with him, I wouldn’t give him up for the world, so I guess the answer for me is a big resounding yes! Besides, we like the party aspect of the wedding too, so just another reason to have a great big ole party!
I love the bold flavors in Greek food but for some reason I don’t make it often. After today I will have so many recipes that are approved by Sunday Supper Tastemakers to try out that I will likely have a hard time deciding where to start.
I love fresh and bold flavors and this aioli really adds just that to the slider. The raw garlic and lemon juice in this aioli livens it up and give it that fresh zing that pairs perfectly with the feta cheese and makes it a perfect match for the Greek Sliders!
The sliders on the other hand were like no other slider I have ever made before. I never would have thought of putting spinach in them. I found the original recipe in Cooking Light and because Grumpy loves spinach, I thought why not try them out. I am so glad I did as they were moist and delicious little bites!
I loved the roasted red peppers and green spinach making these burgers all look so pretty on my grill. An excellent choice for my first grilling recipe of 2016!
When it comes to the bun, I really like to use whole wheat. Although I am a huge fan of bread, I don’t like to bake it because we don’t eat much at all. Typically I buy these little whole wheat dinner rolls from Trader Joes and cut the middle of the roll out to make less bulk. Those middles can become breadcrumbs to use in future dishes. Just dry them out in the oven on low heat, crumble, and store!
I have discovered that the best way for me to get the perfect sized burger for a slider is to use my 1/4 cup cookie scoop! Just be sure that the cookie scoop is packed full of the meat mixture, don’t be skimpy! If you don’t have a cookie scoop that big, then you could always use a 1/4 measure. I love the cookie scoop because I don’t have to reach in to pull the meat out. I just click the release handle and the ball of meat is in my hands ready for shaping!
I like to pat the meat together nice and firmly then shape with my hand around the edges of the burger with slight pressure in to thicken the burger up. As you can see, it worked out perfectly. Just look at that beauty! Good enough as an appetizer for any wedding. Eat a couple of them with a side salad and you have a meal!
Make sure to check out all the awesome recipes shared by other Sunday Supper Tastemakers after the recipe. You’re bound to find plenty enough to party!
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground round
- ⅔ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 11 whole wheat slider rolls
- Greek Salad (Horiatiki Salata) by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Greek-Style Sliders with Feta Aioli by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom, Kalamata Olive and Feta Stuffed Phyllo with Whipped Feta Dip by Pook’s Pantry
- Rosemary and Olive Grissini by What Smells So Good?
- Socca Pizza with Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, and Feta by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spanakopita Bites by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tiropitas (Greek Cheese Triangles ) by Moore or Less Cooking
- Tyropita Appetizer Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Avgolemono Chicken Zoodle Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Quick and Easy Greek Avgolemono Soup by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Shrimp Avgolemono with Spinach by Monica’s Table
- Vegetarian Magiritsa (Greek Easter Soup) by Palatable Pastime
- Baklava French Toast with Cinnamon Honey Syrup by A Mind Full Mom
Greek Main Dishes:
- Brizola (Greek-style Pork Chops) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Greek Salad Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Greek Chirashi Sushi by NinjaBaker
- Greek Breakfast Wraps by Brunch-n-Bites
- Greek Meatball Salad by Magnolia Days
- Gyro Meatballs with Lemon Rice by Casa de Crews
- Kotopita (Greek Chicken Pie) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Mediterranean Meatball Gyro Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Slow-Cooked Lamb Shoulder with Roasted Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Souvlaki Chicken Wraps with Homemade Tzatziki by The Crumby Cupcake
- Youvetsi (Greek beef or lamb and orzo stew) by Caroline’s Cooking
Greek Side Dishes:
- Greek-style rice salad by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Greek Zucchini Fritters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spanakorizo by Feeding Big and More
- Chocolate Baklava by The Chef Next Door
- Greek Lemon Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Greek Spice Cake by Our Good Life
- Greek Walnut Cake by Pies and Plots
- Greek Wedding Cookies – Kourabiethes/Kourabiedes by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Loukoumades – Greek Donuts by The TipToe Fairy
- Loukoumades (Greek honey fritters) by The Redhead Baker
- Ouzito: The Greek Mojito by Hardly A Goddess
Plus Baked Shrimp with Feta plus More Greek Cuisine from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.