Cookie Butter Caramel Swirled Brownies are fudgy squares of chewy chocolate swirled with a cookie butter caramel adding another texture of chewy! Delicious and addicting, you will not regret making these!
Potluck brings back memories of family reunions, church picnics, and get togethers at the beach when I was a young girl. Now that the kids are grown and moved away and we aren’t as close to our families anymore, I really miss those days. Potluck means your taking a chance that a dish that someone is bringing to your gathering will be good. More often than not, you leave a potluck dinner with a new recipe in hand that you have to make yourself because it was so delicious! This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing Summer’s Best Potluck Dishes with you. I guarantee you’re bound to see several you must make!
Thanks to T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting this week’s event!
When I think of potluck I usually think casseroles or big salads. Those are easy to carry and share and you can make a LOT of food! I also think dessert like cookies, bars, or cupcakes. Dessert that is easy to eat with your fingers, no utensils needed! My favorite of all desserts to take to a potluck is the fudgey brownie.
I have a basic brownie recipe that I always use when making brownies. It’s the best one I have ever encountered and just as easy as opening a box. I also like to doctor my brownies up and this time I decided to do it with a cookie butter caramel!
I’m so in love with cookie butter! I was talking to T.R. about the brownies this week and he said he had never had it. I snapped a shot of the ingredient list so he could see and his response was, it’s basically flour and sugar! lol Oh well, it’s still ah-mazing! If you haven’t tried it, then you really should find some and dig in with a spoon. Seriously!
The cookie butter caramel was homemade by making a caramel sauce then stirring in some cookie butter. If you don’t want to take the time to make your own caramel, you can easily just take about 1/2 cup caramel topping that has been heated up and stir in the cookie butter until smooth. Easy peasy!
Just one of these brownies will have you craving more. While they are sweet, they are hard to stop eating. You will definitely be the star at your potluck if you take these brownies!
Be sure to check out the links below the recipe to see what other SundaySupper Tastemakers brought to our virtual potluck!
- Cookie Butter Caramel:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy cookie butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brownie Batter:
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring the cream to a simmer over low heat in a small saucepan. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and cook without stirring until amber brown. Slowly whisk in the warm cream until smooth and let cook for 1 minute. When you stir the cream into the caramelized sugar, it will bubble furiously. Don’t let this scare you, just keep stirring. Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, corn syrup, sea salt and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool until thickened at room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 9 X 13 pan by lining with tinfoil. Spray tinfoil with cooking spray. set aside.
- In medium sized bowl, stir sugar into melted butter. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended. Add vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate. Fold into wet ingredients. Pour into 9X13 pan. Drop 8 tablespoons cookie butter caramel on top of brownie batter. Drag knife through batter and caramel to swirl. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement