Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream is grilled with a slight char then served with grilled flour tortillas and cilantro-lime cream sauce. A little different, a lot of special and a whole lot of delicious!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers event is “Throw Something on the Barbie” and we are sharing recipes that are cooked on a grill! Thanks to Sue Lau from A Palatable Pastime for hosting this week!
I absolutely am enamored with avocados and I never really realized just how much other people loved them until I joined the food blogger world. Then, lo and behold, I meet people I work with over the last 6 years who love them as much as I do. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. I mean, after all, someone has to eat all those avocados in the stores!
The recipe is very basic, all you need is avocado, lime juice, cilantro, sour cream, salt, pepper and sugar, flour tortillas, and a hot grill!
I found this recipe in a booklet I bought a few years back for fast, fresh & filling weight watcher recipes. I altered it only a little by changing the amount of seasoning to put on the avocado when cooking and adding a little of it to the finished product. I also decided to add grilled flour tortillas to the picture. I felt serving the avocado on the tortilla was a good venue to go to and I was not wrong!
Sometimes the simplest recipes are some of the tastiest, this is definitely one you want to share this summer.
- 2 avocados, halved
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro Leaves
- 4 flour tortillas
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix together sugar, salt, and ground pepper. Spray cut side of avocado with cooking spray. Sprinkle avocado halves with sugar mixture, reserving some for finishing. Spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray. Place on grill and grill until toasty. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place Avocado, pit side down, on grill rack. Grill 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice. Cut each avocado half in half. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with a little reserved sugar/salt/pepper mixture. Serve with flour tortilla.
- Serving Siza: 1 flour tortilla, ½ avocado, 1 tablespoon cilantro-lime cream
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Wing Burger by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Articholes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement