Homemade Lemon Limeade and Rum come together perfectly in this slightly sweet, slightly tart Lemon-Lime Rum Collins. A rum infused cucumber is added to the beverage as well making this super refreshing! I’m pretty proud of this combination of flavors and yes, the cucumber goes perfect with this beverage!
I have to admit, I’m on a beverage kick lately. Three beverages shared in the last three weeks. That is how it flows with me. I like to try different things on a regular basis. Grumpy, he is still a Vodka and Cranberry guy and rarely will sway from that. I like my wine, however, when the weather gets better something makes me want to start creating a variety of mixed drinks. Not sure what that something is yet, but it’s not a bad thing!
My love for lemons and lime is strong enough that when I have them I have to use them. There is no way I want to let them go bad. So, with my recent purchase, I decided to try making a homemade Lemon-Limeade. With the weekend on it’s way my mind went in the direction of an adult beverage I could make to enjoy. Hence, the Lemon-Lime Rum Collins was born.
I soaked some English Cucumbers in the white rum to infusing the cucumbers with a little rum flavor.
I recently was introduced to the hi*ball energy drink by a co-worker. It is sparkling water with caffeine that is flavored. No sugar, zero calories and I find this at Whole Foods. Since it was not late in the evening and I wasn’t concerned about the caffeine, I used this in my drink. You can also use any lemon-lime seltzer water in it’s place.
Place some ice, fresh lemon-limeade and rum in a shaker with some of the rum infused cucumber slices.
Shake, pour, and enjoy! This is a very refreshing, not too sweet with a little bit of an acidic bite to it. A perfect beverage to cool you down and enjoy at home this summer!
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- To make Lemon-Lime Rum Collins:
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 shot rum
- To make 1 beverage:
- 3 ounces white rum
- 6 ounces lemon-limeade
- Lemon Lime Seltzer water
- First you will want to make your lemon limeade. Bring 1 cup water and ½ cup granulated sugar to an almost boil. Remove from heat. Add 3 cups cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare cucumbers for beverage by laying slices in a bowl and pouring 1 shot white rum over cucumbers. Let soak at least 30 minutes.
- To make 1 beverage: In a cocktail shaker, add about 1 cup ice, 3 ounces white rum and 6 ounces lemon-limeade with about 3 cucumber slices that have been soaking in rum. Cover and shake 6-7 times. Pour into tall collins glass garnished with cucumbers. Serve.
- Store any unused lime-ade in refrigerator.