Sweet heat is where it is at for me and these Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos are just that! Sweet/Hot Pickled Peppers combined with some chipotle chili powder give this recipe that sweet addicting kick and make this a must try recipe for those who have the sweet heat addiction!
Spice is Nice and Some Like it Hot is the theme for our Sunday Supper event today. I would have to say that I like all spices, but I particularly love sweet heat! Combine a little sugar with a lot of hot and I’m one happy girl!
I want to give a great big shout out to Sara from The Chef Next Door and thank her for hosting this spicy event!
Normally, I don’t think you would see someone use sweet/hot pickled peppers in a pulled pork recipe. At least I have never seen it. However, scrounging around in my pantry one day I was trying to figure out what I could use to make this particular recipe with a little sweet heat. Then I saw my sweet hot salad peppers and I knew they were going to make this recipe absolutely amazing!
I simply took a pork tenderloin that was already seasoned with a mesquite flavor. Placed it in foil in a baking dish, then poured my peppers and all that sweet hot delicious juice over top. Sealed the foil and baked in my oven for 1-1/2 hours.
When it was all done, I pulled the pork using two forks and then tossed it in with the juices to coat it really well. Easy peasy. I then added some chipotle chili powder and a little brown sugar. The flavor was absolutely amazing!
I ate these 3 days in a row! Yes. Grumpy, my not so “Mexican food fan” and not a great “pulled pork fan” refused to eat one. He’s such a party pooper. I am fairly certain he would have loved these. However, more for me I guess!
Just looking at my photos as I write this post makes me wish I had some of this still. I may have to make it again soon and just take it into work to share with my co-workers so I can eat them again!
What type of spice is your favorite? Do you like sweeter spices like cinnamon or nutmeg? Or do you like hotter chili pepper spice? Maybe you’re like me and that sweet heat is what you crave? Whatever your preference, we have a whole line up of Hot and Spicy Recipes just for you. Make sure to check them all out!
- 1 pound mesquite flavored pork tenderloin
- 8-oz jar Sweet Hot Pepper slices, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (use more or less depending on your heat factor)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or use 1-1/2 teaspoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend)
- Cabbage slaw mix
- jalapeno slices
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Flour Tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Place pork tenderloin on foil in a large baking dish. Pour all of the sweet hot pepper slices and juice over the pork. Fold foil together to seal pork and peppers together. Bake in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- Once pork is cooked, remove from oven and let cool about 15 minutes. Place pork in a large bowl and pull apart using two forks.
- Stir in chipotle chili powder and brown sugar. When ready to serve, reheat as necessary. Mix together lime juice and sour cream. Layer tortilla as follows: Cabbage slaw, pulled pork mixture, drizzle sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro and jalapeno slices (if desired). Enjoy!
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Plus Homemade Ginger Ale and Spice is Nice Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Pin it! Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos!