Chewy M&M Cookies made the patriotic way! These cookies are nice and chewy, not crispy and crunchy. Just the way Grumpy and I both love them! They are also easy to make and a delicious way to please everyone on your July 4th celebration!
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing Patriotic recipes being hosted by Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings. You’re bound to see some amazing recipes this week! I decided to stick with something simple that everyone loves. Cookies.
I must admit, I rarely make a cookie like this one. Usually I stick to my Nanny’s soft cookie recipes. However, I happened to come across a bag of red, white, and blue M&M’s and while I could have come up with something exotic to use them in, I really didn’t have the energy.
I tried the tactic of putting these in the freezer, hoping that would deter both Grumpy and I from devouring them too quickly. Needless to say, that tactic didn’t work. We ate them straight from the freezer, they were THAT good.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups M&M's
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and butter until well blended. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together flour,baking soda, and salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in M&M's and drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies.
What special recipe will you make for your July 4th celebration?
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.