The coffee in these Homemade Coffee Baked Beans gives the recipe a richer, full bodied flavor flavor. Sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup and topped with nice thick pieces of crispy pork belly. These beans are the perfect accompanyment to your dinner table main!
There is no doubt about it. Drinking coffee every morning is an absolute must for me wherever I am. If I am visiting non-coffee drinker (Justin) I find myself driving to the coffee shop first thing in the morning! The lineup of recipes this week shows that many Sunday Supper Tastemakers love their coffee also!
Today we are sharing with you 40+ Recipes with Coffee and our host for this event is Wendy of Wholistic Woman.
One of our favorite side dishes all year round is baked beans. These homemade coffee baked beans are probably our most favorite recipe of all. These coffee baked beans take planning to make since they are made with dried navy beans that you have to soak overnight.
In the morning you just drain, rinse, add the carrot, onion, and garlic along with a little seasoning and put it on low for 10 hours.
My mom always makes her baked beans by starting with bean soup. As you know, I love carrying on the way my mom made her recipes and one is probably one of the easiest to do! I Cook the beans all day while I’m at work and have a ready made meal of bean soup for dinner that evening. After we have had our fill of soup, I then mix the leftovers into a beanpot and make my homemade coffee baked bean bean recipe!
Maple Syrup, a little brown sugar, and a little coffee – some of the best ingredients out there! Add in your traditional ketchup and mustard. I love to use spicy brown!
I love my sweet heat so this time around I added just a scant teaspoon of red pepper flakes. This gave the coffee baked beans the perfect touch of sweet heat that I love so much.
- For the soup:
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 packages of Goya Sazon (or your preferred seasoning)
- For the beans:
- 1/2 ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brewed coffee
- Rinse and sort dried beans. Place in a large pot and let soak overnight. In the morning, rinse the beans and place in slow cooker with onions, carrots, and seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Stir into beans the ketchup, mustard, maple syrup, brown sugar, coffee and chili flakes. Place beans in large baking crock and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes. Top with crispy cooked bacon the last 15 minutes of baking. Remove from oven and let cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Perk Me Up Chili by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Molasses Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Coffee Baked Beans by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Pin Homemade Coffee Baked Beans