These Sweet Potato Stacks are sprinkled with parmesan cheese and drizzled with browned butter. Before serving, top them off with a little crispy fried sage, and you have a side dish for the holidays that everyone is going to love! Paired it up with JENNIE-O® Oven Ready Boneless Cajun Style Turkey Breast, to make meal prep stress a thing of the past!
Be sure to read further and enter the giveaway for free $5 coupons! Details below!
I partnered with JENNIE-O® to share this delicious side holiday side dish with you today.
Once fall hits, before we know it, we are heading into the holiday season. Thanksgiving and Christmas can be very stressful times of the year for a lot of people and they come up on us so quickly. That is why when it comes to turkey, I like to purchase JENNIE-O® to cover all my bases!
It is just Grumpy and me here for the most part. He is on call often for his work, and a lot of time, his on call time can fall on a holiday. I like to have meals that can be ready for him to eat quickly so he doesn’t feel like he is missing out and I’m not stressing out over trying to be sure and feed him! The JENNIE-O® Oven Ready Boneless Cajun Style Turkey Breast does just that!
The side dish I am sharing with you that I paired with my JENNIE-O® Oven Ready Boneless Cajun Style Turkey Breast has all the flavors of fall! Warm and comforting food that you love to eat! This recipe is so simple to make but looks absolutely elegant! When your family sees it on your table, they will think you went to extra effort when you really didn’t!
The Sweet Potato Stacks complimented the Cajun seasons on the turkey breast perfectly! You only need 4 ingredients, and you can put your turkey in the oven at the same time as these Sweet Potato Stacks, having your meal ready in less than an hour!
Your family and friends will love the browned butter flavor from the crispy fried sage and the sweetness of the potato marries well with the Cajun spices on your turkey. It is a match made in heaven. I
f you’re like us, and don’t have that many people to feed, the sweet potato and turkey may be enough for your plate. However, if you’re looking for another side this recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms as another delicious addition to your plate! If you’re looking for a Sweet Dinner Roll, I have that too! One of the best recipes I have ever made!
Tips for to help make your holiday stress free!
- Let JENNIE-O® do the work and buy an Oven Ready Turkey!
- Decide on your meal plan ahead of time
- Listen to comforting music
- Enjoy your family time
If you want to give the Oven Ready Turkey a try, then you should enter a giveaway to win 4 JENNIE-O® Coupons valued at $5 each!
How do you enter? Just visit the Jennie-O® Holiday & Events page and come back here to leave me a comment about what recipe you would look most forward to seeing on your holiday table!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 small), peeled and cut into ¼-in.-thick rounds
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place butter in small skillet over medium-high. When butter starts to bubble, add crushed garlic and sage leaves. Reduce heat and cook until butter begins to brown, swirling the pan occasionally. Watch carefully as you do not want it to burn. Remove leaves and cloves from butter and place on a paper lined plate. Reserve butter and toss (or eat!) garlic cloves.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place two rounds of sweet potato into bottom of each cup. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese (1/8 cup). Layer with two more rounds of sweet potato. Drizzle each potato cup with 1 teaspoon browned butter. Cover muffin tin tightly with aluminium foil and place in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn broiler on high. Sprinkle potato rounds evenly with remaining parmesan cheese. Place under broiler and broil until bubbly and lightly browned. About 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and top with fried sage.