Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers are easy to make, requires less than 5 ingredients, and are reminiscent of the chocolate orange you find over the holidays. These crispy hazelnut filled wontons are sprinkled with orange sugar and are a great dessert after your dinner or party treat to make for the holidays!
This post is sponsored by Workman Publishing Company in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I recently received Mad Hungry Family cookbook to review as a part of #WeekdaySupper. This hardcover book contains no fuss recipes that are full of flavor. The author, Lucinda Scala Quinn, shares “empty fridge” strategies that are budget friendly and creative! Giving the experienced and newbie cook tools they need to be successful in the kitchen resulting in a happy and satisfied family! You can win a copy of this book for yourself by entering the rafflecopter just below the recipe!
Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers recipe is one that I will definitely keep around for holiday gatherings. Easy to make, these take little effort, time, or ingredients! Just grab the hazelnut spread, wonton skins, orange zest, sugar, and butter and you are ready to go!
Make the orange sugar.
Simply mix the zest of 1 orange with the 1/2 cup of sugar until you smell the fragrance of the orange and the sugar has turned an orange tint.
Fill the wontons.
Lie the wonton skin on a flat surface and place the chocolate hazelnut filling on top. Dipping your fingers in some water, you will wet the edges of the wonton skin and then fold it over in a triangle shape. Press the edges together to enclose the filling.
Simmer and fry!
These potstickers are simmered in a covered saucepan with a water/butter sauce for just 3 minutes. Then the cover is removed and the they are “fried” as the water/butter mixture reduces in the pan.
Remove the potstickers from the skillet and sprinkle with some orange sugar.
Serve and enjoy!
Let me give you fair warning; these are super delicious! One batch may not be enough depending on the appetite factor of your family. These stay crispy and are so easy to make that you can make a few batches of these for a party the day of, then bring them out that evening where they will still be crisp and delicious!
Ready to give these Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers a try?
Check out the recipe below, then go ahead and enter the giveaway to win the cookbook! Be sure to check the other #WeekdaySupper posts out for more delicious recipes from Mad Hungry Family!
- Monday – Straight-Talk Turkey from Family Foodie
- Tuesday – HamJam Cheddar Puffs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Wednesday – Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Thursday – Squash Gnocchi with Sage Butter from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Friday – Thanksgiving Leftover Pie from Meal Planning Magic
Follow our sponsors on social media:
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 16 wonton skins (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Peeled and separated segments from 1 orange (optional)
- Combine the orange zest and sugar and set aside. Lay the wonton skins on a work surface and spoon 1 scant tablespoon of the chocolate-hazelnut spread onto each. Brush the edges with water and then fold the skins to form half-moons or triangles. Press the moistened edges together to seal.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and water and let the butter melt. Add the chocolate-filled wontons, cover, and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove the cover and simmer until the liquid has evaporated. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the bottoms of the wontons become crisp and golden brown. Use a flat spatula to help release them from the pan. (They may stick at first, then release once they are ready.) Blot any butter with a paper towel. Sprinkle the orange-sugar mixture over the wontons and serve with ice cream and orange segments, if using.
PIN IT – Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Potstickers