This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Roasted Garlic Meatball Chili was created for this shop. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias.
This warm and inviting Meatball Chili will kill the chill this fall while you’re enjoying the picked at peak flavor of tomatoes and garlic. Full of meat, flavor and paired with a cauliflower rice, bring your family around the table together for this warm and inviting meal!
This meal came about as a result of the Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic sauce I found at Walmart. I picked up some sauce, along with other ingredients I would need to make my meatball chili. Grumpy always ate rice with his chili, however, I really am not the biggest fan of rice. I grew up eating chili with either cornbread or corn chips. This time I decided to give the cauliflower rice a try. I wanted to stay with produce as much as possible and keep my carbs lower by not adding the starch to our meal.
This Meatball Chili was an absolute hit with both Grumpy and I and I will definitely be making it again! The picked at peak flavor from the sauce in this chili recipe brings an that warm and inviting feeling to your family table. The cauliflower rice went perfect with the chili and I’ve now found a solution to the “rice” dilemma in our house!
We really love our chili full of beef. These meatballs were the perfect addition to the chili. I decided to do them a little different than I had ever done before. I omitted any breadcrumbs from the recipe and added shredded carrots, finely chopped onion, roasted garlic and cilantro. Moistened and added flavor from the beef broth. I have a keeper here!
Let’s make the meatballs!
I gently mixed the meatball ingredients together then I used my small cookie scoop to portion them out. I loved seeing the flecks of green and orange in the meatballs! You should get about 24 perfectly portioned meatballs.
Bake the meatballs!
Baking these saves a lot of time standing over the stove and frying. While they are baking you can prep the rest of your ingredients.
Make the Cauliflower Rice
This couldn’t be easier! If you want to save time, you can buy your cauliflower already “riced”. However, you can rice your own quite easily by finely chopping it in your food processor.
Assemble the Meatball Chili and serve
This meal is so good with just the chili and riced cauliflower, that you really don’t need any more add ons. The Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic Sauce adds a ton of flavor and combined with the chili and cumin powder, it’s a very easy chili sauce to fall in love with!
I am a big fan of convenience when I know I am going to get homemade, packed at the peak flavor in a jar. This Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic sauce certainly fits that bill! It paired nicely with my veggie packed meatballs and chili spices! If you’re interested in giving this recipe a try, or you want to create your own recipe with one of Prego Farmers’ Market® sauces, then be sure to grab this Coupon available for your purchase!
Check out this video!
Tell me how you would use this sauce to create your own unique picked at peak recipe?
Make the recipe!
- 1 lb 80 % lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup shredded carrot
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup beef broth
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 7 cups Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic sauce
- 1-15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with peppers
- 16 ounces (2-2/3 cup) riced cauliflower
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the meatballs by gently mixing together with your hands or a spoon, the ground beef, carrot, onion, cilantro, egg, roasted garlic, and beef broth.
- Scoop meatball using small scoop (about 1 tablespoon size) and shape into balls. Place on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes, until firm. (meat will be slightly red in center)
- While meatballs are baking, make cauliflower rice by heating ½ tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Add cauliflower and cook for about 10-15 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- To make the chili, heat large stockpot with olive oil. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent. Stir in Prego Farmers’ Market® Roasted Garlic sauce, chili and cumin powder, and diced tomatoes with peppers. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut each meatball in half. Add to chili sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve meatball chili over cauliflower rice.
PIN IT – Roasted Garlic Meatball Chili