With a deep, dark chocolate flavor, these Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting are a great way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! The cupcakes are so easy to put together and the frosting is out of this world delicious!
This year to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day I decided to doctor up my Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes, frost with an Irish Cream Buttercream frosting and sprinkle with green and gold sugars. Simple, easy, delicious!
I started with Nanny’s Mayonnaise Cake recipe, substituted some Irish Cream Liquor for some of the water and made a dozen cupcakes.
- For the Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Irish Cream Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with liners (24 cupcakes). Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. All at once, add the mayonnaise, water, Bailey’s Irish Cream and vanilla. Mix with hand mixer until smooth. Using 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into cupcake liners. Bake for approximately 20 -25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- For the Frosting: In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, butter, and Bailey’s. Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well until it’s all well combined. This frosting will harden in the fridge, so plan to frost your cupcakes as soon as you are done making the frosting, If refrigerated, you will need to bring back to room temperature prior to frosting.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. It is a great time to celebrate the Irish in all of us, even if there isn’t any! There are a lot more ways to celebrate than drinking green beer. So Jan from The Tip Garden and Carlee from Cooking with Carlee got us together to share our best St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes. There is sure to be something for everyone!
Beef and Stout Stew from Caroline’s Cooking
Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Chocolate Stout Floats from The Chef Next Door
Easy 5 Ingredient Chocolate Mint Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Grilled Cabbage Steaks from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Irish Tea Brack from Cooking With Carlee
Lucky Leprechaun Minty Milkshakes from Family Around the Table
Nana’s Shepherd’s Pie from The Tip Garden
Reuben Quesadillas from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Reuben Stuffed Crescent Rolls from From Gate to Plate
Slow Cooker Guinness Pot Roast from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas
Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Ulster Fry from Palatable Pastime