Homemade Corned Beef Hash and Eggs brings back many childhood memories. Full of crispy and beefy bites of corned beef, potatoes, and eggs, this meal takes me back home to my mom’s kitchen.
St. Patrick’s Day will be here tomorrow and many people may be enjoying or may already have enjoyed their Corned Beef Dinner! Grumpy and I enjoyed ours over the last weekend and I followed a recipe I found on the Certified Angus Beef Brand® website for Irish Braised Corned Beef Brisket. So easy to follow and super delicious! You can’t go wrong when you are dealing with the #BestBeef!
This was my first time ever making my own corned beef dinner and it was delicious! My mom always was the one who would make corned beef and while I always loved it as a youth, I never attempted to make it on my own until now!
What I love about the corned beef dinner is the fact that with only two people in the house, we have plenty of leftovers to make new meals with. One meal I remember mom making for us is corned beef hash with eggs. She would fry up the hash and poach her eggs to top the hash. I decided to make up a hash of my own with some of the leftovers from this meal!
I diced up potatoes, red bell pepper, shishito peppers, and some onion. This was going to be the base of my hash!
Rather than poach my eggs separately, I decided that once my homemade corned beef hash was ready, I was going to cook the eggs in little wells I made in the hash!
I’m very happy I made my own hash and eggs from scratch! I loved the crispy bits of beef and potatoes. The shishito peppers have a slight hint of heat to them when cooked and I loved the combination!
So, what are you waiting for? Time to get up and make some Homemade Corned Beef Hash and Eggs! Need dessert when your done with dinner? Bailey’s Irish Cream Fudge Brownies make a yummy ending to any meal!
I am an Influencer for Certified Angus Beef Brand® and used their corned beef brisket flat to make both recipes.
You can follow Certified Angus Beef® on their social media or join the Facebook group Certified Angus Beef ® Kitchen:
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced shishito peppers
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 2 cups cooked Certified Angus Beef Brand corned beef, cubed
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat In large cast iron skillet, heat 1-1/2 tablespoons butter until it begins to bubble. Add peppers and onions. Cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in corned beef and potato cubes. Add more butter if needed. Cook until potatoes and beef start to crisp up.
- Make 4 wells in hash. Place 1 teaspoon butter in each well and then place 1 egg in each well. Cover and cook over medium low heat until eggs have cooked to your preference.
Pin it! Homemade Corned Beef Hash and Eggs