So full of flavor and quick to put on the table! Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Sauce are pan fried and served with a sauce that is made of shallots, sesame oil, cilantro, and soy sauce.
When it comes to be dinner time, there is nothing I like better than to have something simple and delicious that doesn’t require a lot of messy cleanup. I love how I only dirtied up up cast iron skillet and the 2-3 tools it took to make this cilantro sauce! Now that better weather is in sight, grilling the chicken would cause even less mess for clean up and I can’t wait to try this with grilled chicken thighs!
A lot of people I know (including Grumpy) seems to prefer the chicken breast over the chicken thigh. Not me! I really love the flavor in the chicken thigh and I can be guaranteed it is never dry like the chicken breast can be. Fortunately, I have persuaded Grumpy that its not only tastier, but more economical than the chicken breast! If your still sold only on the chicken breast, never fear, you still can use chicken breast in this recipe. Keep in mind that the breast is larger so the serving sizes (ounces) would be different. I still highly encourage you to give thighs a try though. The flavor can’t be beat!
Of course, the real star of the show here is the cilantro sauce. If you love cilantro as much as I do, then you will love this recipe! I tend to go overboard and I was ready to bury my chicken in this sauce. It was that good! This would also go great with beef or seafood.
Try this sauce recipe with any of your favorite meats, it will work well with steak, chicken, pork, and seafood. I promise!
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (use more or less according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until browned. Turn; sauté 4 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Smash 1/4 teaspoon salt, shallots, and garlic with mortar and pestle. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, use the back of a spoon to smash in a small mixing bowl. Mash together until you form a paste. Combine garlic mixture, sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, lime zest and cilantro.
- Place 1-1/2 teaspoons cilantro sauce over each piece of chicken. Serve.
In grilling season, I would highly recommend grilling your chicken rather than sauteeing in the pan. The flavor from the grill would only add to this great sauce, which is the star of the party!
Pin it! Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Sauce