If you need an easy to make recipe for a special occasion moment this spring, then look no further! This Blueberry Almond Cream Tart was #InspiredByPuff and absolutely delicious! Almond cream tops a golden brown pastry puff sheet and is buried in blueberries, slivered almonds and then drizzled with a confectioner’s glaze.
This year for Mother’s Day, we were by ourselves. Kids are in North Carolina and our families back home are a good 4 hour drive for us. I have a lot of work to get done before my upcoming trip and Grumpy is on call, so Mother’s Day was pretty much just another day here for the Grumpy house. However, we still made it special with this incredible Blueberry Almond Cream Tart!
Creating a simple but delicious recipe is not much further than a box of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets. There are so many possibilities! From appetizers to desserts you can create delicious food to serve at your holiday celebrations (think Memorial Day, bridal showers, baby showers).
Watch my video to see how easy it is to make this Blueberry Almond Cream Tart Recipe!
Tip: When making a pastry sheet to use as a tart, you will want to score around the edges with a knife and then pierce the tart with fork tines all over the tart. Don’t worry about doing too many tine marks, they only prevent your tart from puffing up all the way leaving room for your filing form into the tart.
Are you #InspiredByPuff? What recipes will you make this spring? Visit Puff Pastry Springtime Favorites Pinterest Board for more inspiration!
- 1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry with paper towel
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed pastry sheet on parchment lined large cookie sheet.
- Roll out pastry with pastry roller. Score edges of pastry with knife and prick pastry with fork tines all over top of the pastry to prevent a full puff.
- Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium bowl with hand mixer, blend together cream cheese, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Set aside until puff pastry is finished baking and cooled.
- Spread almond cream over top of puff pastry. Sprinkle with blueberries and sliced almonds.
- Make drizzle by stirring together confectioners sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and milk. Drizzle over top of tart. Makes 12 servings
Pin it! Blueberry Almond Cream Tart