This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are my own. #SummerServed #CollectiveBias
These Thai Style Hot Dogs are made with beef franks that are cooked to your liking and served with a cabbage slaw that has a little jalapeno heat. Top these off with a homemade peanut sauce, chopped peanuts and cilantro for a delicious twist on an American classic for your Memorial Day picnic!
Memorial Day is the kick off holiday for summer, family gatherings, picnics, beach and camping trips. While I was a young girl, every Memorial Day weekend my parents would take us camping with other family members. The tradition continued all through the years while my children were growing up. For these type of gatherings, beef franks were a staple. Several members of my family did not eat pork so Hebrew National® Franks would be our choice for a hot dog! They are all beef, no pork, and full of delicious flavor.
Now that I am older and consider myself more adventurous in my cooking, I like to create a twist on an an American classic. I love Thai food so for Memorial Day this year I thought I would try a Thai Style Hot Dog! I have this love affair going with Peter Pan® Peanut Butter and am known for making a snack of it by just eating if off the spoon. It’s ok though because it is a wholesome snack packed with protein! It is also a perfect pick for an ingredient in my homemade peanut sauce!
This homemade peanut sauce has a little American twist with Hunt’s® Ketchup and Gulden’s Mustard as part of the ingredients in the sauce! Don’t be like Grumpy and knock it until you try it my friends because this peanut sauce was so rockin’ that even Grumpy devoured them in no time flat!
I made a Thai slaw with red and white cabbage, fresh diced red bell pepper and jalapeno for a little more of a kick. Of course, I added my ever beloved fresh cilantro to the mix and then topped the grilled frank off with the slaw, a drizzle of peanut sauce and some chopped peanuts.
This was so delicious, I ate the same meal two nights in a row! This is a perfect fusion food for that American classic twist this Memorial day. You can feed a crowd of friends or family and impress them with your creativity!
Sweeten up this twist on an American classic this upcoming Memorial Day weekend! Ibotta Offer has an offer to earn $1 on an 11 oz or larger package of Hebrew National Franks and $.50 with the purchase of one Hunts Ketchup!
I found everything I needed for this delicious Thai Style Hot Dog recipe right at my local Walmart!
How will you feed your crowd this Memorial Day weekend? Find more #SummerServed Inspiration here!
- 8 (1 package) Hebrew National® Franks, cooked as desired
- 8 Hot Dog Rolls
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or 1 teaspoon sugar)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper (use more or less depending on heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan® Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Hunt's® Ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Gulden’s Mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 dashes red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- Make marinade for slaw by blending rice vinegar, sesame oil, and maple syrup. Toss with cabbage, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, shredded carrots, cilantro. Set aside.
- For the peanut sauce whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, mustard, and sesame oil. You can add a dash or two of red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve cooked hot dogs with slaw on top and drizzled with peanut sauce. Top with more chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Pin it! Thai Style Hot Dogs with Homemade Peanut Sauce