This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Football season is coming up on us in just a few days now and if you haven’t decided what you want to make yet, then let me help! BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins are the absolute bomb! I can promise you they will disappear fast on your next big game gathering!
I have found a new product that I absolutely love! Most of my readers know that I grew up with a mom who was vegetarian and a dad who was not. Therefore, I had the best of both worlds! I also grew up eating products like the MorningStar Farms® Grillers Original Burger so I couldn’t wait to try the NEW MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork! My kids grew up eating these products also and like me, they enjoy them for a healthier lifestyle themselves. I know they are going to love this recipe I am sharing with you today!
This recipe couldn’t be any easier! As a matter of fact, you could make extra baked potatoes for dinner one night and have leftovers ready to make these BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins for your next homegating party!
Made with only 5 ingredients, these are easy and quick to throw together! Just 3 minutes in the microwave and the Veggie Pulled Pork is ready to toss with your favorite BBQ Sauce.
The potato skin shells can be browned in the oven or on the grill. If using the grill, you will want to put them hollow side down. Once the potato skin shells are browned, they are ready to be stuffed with the veggie pulled pork. Next, top with cheese and jalapeno and continue cooking (grill or oven) for 15 minutes. Feel free to use a small cookie sheet tray in on the grill also.
After about 15 minute in the oven or on the grill, these potato skins are ready to feed the hungriest of football fans!
MorningStar Farms® Grillers Original Burgers make a great choice for those who are living a healthier lifestyle. You can enjoy America’s #1 Veggie Burgers no matter what the reason and they are delicious cooked on the grill!
Whatever your diet may be, these MorningStar Farms® products are a great addition to your homegating parties! Grab a coupon and head over to your local Walmart, where you will find these products in the freezer section.
- 1 -10 oz. bag MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 medium sized russet baking potatoes, baked and cooled
- 6 thin slices jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mexican blend shredded cheese
- Wash potatoes and pierce with fork 3-4 times. Coat with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until tender when squeezed slightly. Let cool until easy to handle. Slice baked potatoes in half and using a tablespoon, remove pulp from center, leaving about 1/2 inch of potato in shell. Spray potatoes with butter spray and bake about 10-15 minutes, until inside starts to brown.
- Place frozen Veggie Pulled Pork in microwave safe dish. Pour over 1 tablespoon water, cover with paper towel, and microwave for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes. Toss with 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Leave potato skins on baking sheet and fill with fillings as follows: Divide veggie pulled pork between baked potato skins evenly. Top each potato skin with 1/4 cup mexican blend shredded cheese. Then top with 1 slice jalapeno pepper.
- Place baking sheet with potato skins in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until cheese has begun to soften and melt.
- Place potato skins over indirect heat, on a grill that is heated to 350 degrees. Grill for 10-15 minutes, until cheese has begun to soften and melt.
Time Saving Tip: Make baked potatoes ahead of time. Scoop out pulp and store in the refrigerator at until ready to prepare potato skins. Start at step to prepare potato skins in the recipe. This will save you the baking time of the potato skins (about 1 hour).
PIN IT! BBQ Veggie Pulled Pork Potato Skins!