Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions is everything you want in a fall dinner. Savory herbs, fall apples, and red onions all come together with a dijon sauce served over moist, tender, delicious pork chops!
Don’t miss out on the #AppleWeek Giveaway! Be sure to visit my Salted Caramel Apple Cake post to enter!
I love fall and the first thing I think about doing when chilly weather hits is when can I get to the apple orchard! I love the cider donuts hot out of the grease and coated in cinnamon sugar, the cool crisp air, and the bushels and bushels of apples from the orchard!
My favorite apple ever is the Honeycrisp. So when I received this special package from Rainier, I was in complete and total heaven. Not to mention fighting with Grumpy over how many he could eat since I wanted to cook with them! I must admit though, it was really hard to stop eating them. Yes, they are that delicious!
Just a few simple ingredients and a whole lot of flavor!
So easy to make in your skillet (you only have one cooking pan to clean!) and the aroma of apples, onions, sage and thyme just draws everyone in as it is simmering!
This recipe has the epitome of fall flavors. The sage and mustard flavored sauce is absolutely perfect combined with the apples, onions and pork chops. It is one recipe you will love to smell and taste this fall. It makes me feel all good and happy inside! I call this my comfort food feeling. 🙂
So, what are you waiting for? Time to make your family happy with this easy to make Skillet Pork Chops with Onions and Apples this fall! Before you go, be sure to enter our giveaway (scroll to bottom of post at link) if you haven’t already and check out the apple recipes submitted by fellow bloggers today for our delicious #AppleWeek!
- 4- 6 ounce bone in pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 -1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops hot pan and sear 3-4 minutes on each side. Move pork chops to a plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, half and half, and dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet. Add apples and onions then cook for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and sage.
- Add stock to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 2-3 minutes. Slide pork chops back to pan, nestling between the onions and apples, and simmer 3-4 minutes longer, until pork chops are cooked through and stock has reduced to about half.
Apple BBQ Meatballs over Brown Rice from Tip Garden
Apple Butterscotch Crumb Cake from The Crumby Kitchen
Apple Cider Donuts from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Apple Coffee Cake from Bear & Bug Eats
Apple & Fig Flatbread with Goat Cheese from Simple and Savory
Apple Oatmeal Bars from Palatable Pastime
Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Apple Pie with Oat Crumble Crust from The Redhead Baker
Baked Oatmeal with Apple Cheddar and Sausage from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Braised Pork Roast with Apples from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Caramelized Apple Hand Pies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Cheesy Brie and Apple Pull Apart Bread from Family Around the Table
Crunchy Apple BBQ Pork from The Freshman Cook
Easy Fried Apples With Cinnamon from Feeding Big
Fresh Apple Dinner Salad from Cooking With Carlee
Lamb Lolipops with Apple Herb Chutney from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Roasted Beet and Apple Salad from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Slow Cooker Baked Apples from Jonesin’ for Taste
Sweet and Sour Apple Cabbage Salad from All That’s Jas
PIN IT! Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions!