I have been so busy that I barely have had time to think for myself! CFY is next weekend and I have been busy prepping for that, busy getting caught up at work, and busy just plain living my life! Grumpy and I went to a local business yesterday and had virtual drawings made of our remodeling for our bathroom and kitchen. I’m so excited (especially about the kitchen) and I can barely wait! I keep looking at the photos and thinking “that is actually going to be my kitchen!” lol
I have been making a lot of food in the last week, but not any of it was for us and our meals I am ashamed to say have been basically take out or not even anything at all. This is what happens when I am getting ready for a CFY weekend….I’m too burned out and tired to cook for us.
Tonight I decided I had to have a recipe that I watched Giada De Laurentiis make on her tv show, Everyday Italian. She made this recipe called Fusilli with Spinach and Asiago Cheese and I made my own spin on it!
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 lb precooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated Asiago
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, and cooked shrimp and cook 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts and shrimp is warmed
- Add the cooked pasta and toss.
- Stir in the cheese, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid.
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 169mgSodium 905mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 25g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.