A Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe is just what your Friday Night Pizza Night calls for! Two kinds of take-out combined in one!
This Cheeseburger Pizza is made with the best homemade pizza dough recipe ever as it’s base. Then, you build it up just like you would if it were a burger! Don’t let the ketchup base fool you! At first, I turned my nose up at the idea, but I went ahead and did it anyway. And, it was a hit!
A Cheeseburger Pizza, with ketchup?
When I first came across the concept of a Cheeseburger Pizza, I didn’t think that it would have ketchup for a sauce. I was thinking more along the lines of a pizza sauce with cheeseburger toppings. So, when I was looking at recipes the day I made this, to see what other people did to make a Cheeseburger Pizza, I was surprised to see it included ketchup!
Now, ketchup and me, we are not the best of buds. I like it on my burgers and to dip my fries into, but when it comes to anything else, I basically leave it alone. The recipe I based this pizza on is no longer on the internet and inaccessible. It was the one and only recipe that I saw that incorporated ketchup, mustard, tomato paste, and sugar. I see several around that have ketchup and mayonnaise, but this sauce seems to be one of its own.
Ways to top your cheeseburger pizza
When it comes right down to it, you can top your pizza any way you want to. Don’t want ketchup? Use pizza sauce. The pizza police will not come after you!
- Make it a Deluxe and sprinkle with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, and chopped cooked bacon.
- For a BLAT Cheeseburger Pizza, top with sliced avocado, bacon, lettuce, and tomato and drizzle with chipotle ranch sauce.
- How about a Cool Ranch Nacho Pizza topped with shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, and crushed Nacho Cheese or cool ranch Doritos
- Swap out the dill pickles and use some of Nanny’s 7 Day Sweet Pickles on top instead!
How to make a Cheeseburger Pizza
It all starts with a great pizza dough recipe. You can either make your own or buy a premade dough. Whatever is easiest for you.
Once the dough is shaped, add your sauce. This sauce was made with mayonnaise, ketchup, and a little bit of mustard.
The ground beef tops the sauce on the dough. Then the tomato and dill pickle slices are next.
What to serve with Cheeseburger Pizza
Pizza, wings, salads. All are a natural combination. After all, what is a Friday night without them both on the table? Some of my favorite Chicken recipes are listed below. Maybe one of them will be perfect for you!
Crispy Sweet Hot Wings are baked to crispy perfection and coated in a spicy sweet hot sauce.
Crispy Maple Hot Wings are double fried perfections! Believe me, the extra step is absolutely worth it with this recipe!
Sneak a little tofu onto their plate next to that pizza! They will never know. This Greek Marinated Tofu Salad is delicious. The tofu has been marinated and totally resembles feta cheese!
*If you made this recipe, please leave a star rating!*
Top that pizza dough with some delicious ground beef, tomatoes, and pickles. This cheeseburger pizza just as good as your regular burger.
- Homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 tbsp mustard
- Dill pickles
- Tomato Slices
- Make pizza dough according to recipe.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet till browned. Stir in 1/2 tbsp soy sauce. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard.
- Once dough is ready, shape and place on pizza stone.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over top of dough.
- Sprinkle ground beef evenly over top of mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with tomato and pickle slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pizza crust has lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving Calories 469Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 33mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 18g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.