Tall moist almond flavored muffins filled with fresh raspberries and white chocolate. These delicious, perfectly crumbed White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins made a delicious anniversary morning side to our cup of hot coffee!
Grumpy and I have been married 4 years now and together almost 8. I wouldn’t trade my Grumpy for anyone else in this whole big world. He has my heart and I couldn’t imagine my life without him! To celebrate our years of marriage together, I made him these muffins with two of his favorite foods. White Chocolate and Raspberries!
Grumpy and I are the exact opposite of each other personality wise. I’m the outgoing, ready and raring to go, happy when I wake up person, while Grumpy is the quiet unless you make him miserable type. lol. I’m full of vim and vigor in the morning and Grumpy he like to sleep in! I can’t keep my eye’s open at night while Grumpy could be up half the night! When we first were together he told me that he never met someone who was so full of energy in the morning. ha ha. I didn’t and still don’t need caffeine to get me going in the morning (but I drink it because I love it!). I just have this natural morning energy.
With some of that morning energy, I decided I would make some special muffins for Grumpy to take with him for breakfast. I went on a search for a muffin recipe that would suit his love of white chocolate and raspberries and found one on Mary Ellen’s site, That’s My Home.
I was a little worried they might not be sweet enough when I saw there was only 1/3 cup sugar, but then I realized, all that white chocolate would probably balance out the sweetness. Next time I would go with about 1-1/2 cup of raspberries since we like our muffins full of berries!
I let my Grumpy stay in bed a little longer before I went up and said “don’t you think it’s about time you got up?”, however I didn’t do that without sliding up beside him and giving him a happy anniversary hug. I sure hope he likes his White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins this morning!
This post was slightly updated on 11/27/2016
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine almond milk, melted butter and egg. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries and vanilla chips just until flour is moistened. Gently stir in raspberries and vanilla chips.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of better muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Dip top of each muffin in melted butter, then in sugar.