These Peach Muffins are moist, tender, and full of delicious peach flavor. These are perfect for breakfast or brunch. They are made with diced canned peaches and almond extract, a delicious combination of flavors.
These Peach Muffins are a great portable breakfast for those on the run, or great for a relaxing morning with a hot cup of coffee or tea. They are also a great side to a family brunch on the weekend.
Peaches in muffins for the win
My favorite fruits are blueberries and peaches. Fresh peaches smell amazing and I have used fresh peaches in this recipe. However, canned peaches work just as great. I’m even happier if I can combine peaches and blueberries as I did in this Peaches and Cream Pancake recipe.
One of my favorites things about this muffin is the combination of the peach and almond flavors. The muffin batter itself is so tender and light and even Grumpy will gobble these up in no time. I may have gone to grab a muffin this morning only to find the empty wrappers to both muffins still in the storage container!
What you need to make Peach Muffins
Peaches: I just took a can of sliced peaches and diced them up. One can of sliced peaches yields 1 cup of diced peaches. If you use a fresh peach, you may need two small, or 1 large to get the full cup. If using a fresh peach, be sure to scald it and remove the skin first.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
Almond Extract: This is the best flavor to compliment the peach muffin.
Muffin Tin: My favorite is a non-stick 12 cup standard muffin tin.
Paper liners: I always use a paper liner to prevent the cake from sticking to the muffin cup. I also like the convenience of the paper protection from handling the muffin.
Large Mixing Bowl: This is my favorite mixing bowl set! It has small, medium, and large bowls with lids.
1/4 cup Scoop: I always use a scoop to portion out the muffin batter. I like to be sure each muffin is consistent in size.
Tips for a successful recipe
- Use a large bowl and a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar. Then, switch to a spoon to stir in the flour.
- When adding the flour to the batter, be sure to only fold the flour in enough to just absorb the flour. When you see most of the flour is worked in, stop. Overmixing will cause a tough muffin.
- Do not set the oven to 350. You need a higher heat, the instructions to set at 400 degrees is correct. Many people are stuck at baking at 350, but it is not always correct. The higher heat will help to brown the muffin some.
Make this muffin recipe your way
- Stir in a little cinnamon or cardamom to give it a lightly spiced flavor.
- Make a crumb topping to place over the top of the muffins before baking. This adds a little sweetness and visual to the peach muffin. Try the crumb topping recipe for this Banana Crumb Muffin.
- Make a powdered sugar drizzle with some milk and almond extract and drizzle the icing over the top of the muffin. You can do this with or without a crumb or streusel topping.
- Substitute 1/2 of the sugar in the recipe for brown sugar. This will give a little caramelized flavor to the muffin.
Other peach recipes you may enjoy
These Grilled Peaches with Agave Lime Cream are one of the simplest and most delicious dessert recipes. Grilling the peach brings out even more flavor and the compliment of the sweetened lime cream is the perfect finishing touch.
Easy Peach Crumb Bars are a delicious summer bar recipe for picnics.
Fresh Peach Yogurt Cake is a delicious dessert cake with fresh peaches and peach yogurt!
I love peach flavored beverages and this Frosty Peach Mojito is one of the best boozy beverages ever.
Another keep you cook adult beverage is this Kickin’ Peach Milkshake made with ice cream and peach schnapps.
If your not into liquor but more into wine, then you will love this Sparkling Peach Sangria!
*If you made this Peach Muffin Recipe, please give it a star rating*
A delicious and tender muffin recipe full of peach and almond flavors. A perfect addition to your breakfast routine.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped canned peaches
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with paper liners. If not using paper liners, lightly grease the muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients have just combined. Fold in the diced peaches.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop, portion the muffin batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for at least 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days on the counter or 2 months in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g